Van bank naar bank


Nederlands English
The Hanenpadsluis (Cock’s Path Lock) dates back to the year 1713, when the respective boards of the polders in west and east Zaandam decided to build two “sea locks” on both sides of the Zaan. They were called sea locks because, in those days, the sea could flow unhindered up to the dam in Zaandam.

Wiel Klinckenberg has been the lock keeper here for many years and has many anecdotes to share.